Sunday, August 15, 2010

Custody Battles

We have been embattled now with my parents for mine and my husband's daughters for 5 years. ( All because we had no money nor health insurance at that time, we did what we did in our girls' best interests ). We still retain custody of our son. I have had to endure baseless allegations of child abuse and neglect, having a plan to kill my kids, that because of my Asperger’s Syndrome, I am an unfit mother and jumping through all the hoops that have been devised by the guardians and the courts. All to no avail. Not even 1 extra day of visitation in 2 1/2 years in litigation, nearly 3. ( 2 years prior were spent trying to work it out outside of the legal system ). This with 3 different doctors saying I am perfectly capable of taking care of my girls, and that I love them dearly. But the courts in California particularly, only go by what the court investigator writes. Our court investigator has told the courts that if, and ONLY if, the guardians say it's ok for us to have more time with our girls, then she will be ok with recommending it. So basically, we now have a snow ball's chance in Hades of ever getting them back.

I have since decided that since the courts refuse to actually pay attention to our case, ( it has been moved through 3 different courtrooms, 3 different judges, who ALL said the same thing, " I haven't had time to review your case, so I don't really know what's going on here". ( One of these judges is Tari Cody, who gives kids back to parents addicted to crack and is active in the CASA project, but won't give us even 1 more day and neither of us have ever been arrested. Another one of the judges involved is a judge that you appointed, Honorable Judge Worley ). Wasting time and resources. So I have decided that it is time to take this case public. I see no other way for this to end.

By the way, the 'guardians' did this before, to myself and my Dad, costing us 30 years of venomous hatred. I didn't know until Oct. 2007 when I went to the courthouse and copied their divorce transcripts ( Charles Nelsen vs. Joy Ann Nelsen  D065140, D116148 ). That was when I saw her for what she really was/is, a monster. She is doing it again to myself and my daughters. Parental Alienation Syndrome does indeed exist. My Dad and I are survivors of this, but we lost so much time. I do not wish for this 'tradition' to continue, I couldn't bare 30 years or more of not having my girls in my life.

This is just a BRIEF summary of what is going on. In all technicalities, there are 118 motions filed in our case ( P079032 ). We are spent emotionally, mentally, physically and financially. All we want is for our girls to come home and for this to NEVER happen to another family. I also want to advocate for better legislation to stop the abuses that we have had to endure.

No comments:

Post a Comment